Hello, my name is Abby and I'm a chronic over-packer.
What can I say, I like having options!
For the long holiday weekend, I'm headed to Florida to visit my sister, brother-in-law, niece and two nephews. Anticipating a busy week ahead, I decided to start packing this weekend. It also has the added advantage of giving me time to pick up anything else I realize I need for the trip. As an over-packer, I struggle to ever just pick one outfit per day. What if we go for a walk (leggings + athletic tank) then head to the beach (swimsuit + cover-up), then go shopping (shorts + tank), then out to dinner (dress)? And what if I decide I suddenly don't like the outfits I packed when I'm there?? With that train of thought, I basically pack enough clothes to stay for a few months.
Below, you'll see what I have set aside for the trip so far. I'd like to say I'm going to pare down from what's here, but it fits in my carry-on so I think we all know that won't happen...
Here's my list of what to pack for a long weekend (if I actually only brought what I needed):
- 3 dresses (ranging from casual to dressy)
- 1 pair of shorts
- 2 tank tops
- 1 long sleeve shirt (for chilly nights on a patio)
- 1 romper (can be an outfit or beach cover-up)
- Jean jacket
- 2 travel outfits (I like maxi skirts/dresses or comfy pants for travel days)
- 2 swimsuits
- Fedora and/or sunhat
- Lounge clothes- leggings, athletic shorts, tanks, sweatshirt (use for pajamas, sitting around the house, taking walks)
- Shoes- sandals, wedges or heels, tennis shoes
- Jewelry- 1 or 2 versatile necklaces, a watch
The nice thing about this trip is that since I'm visiting my sister, I don't have to worry too much about toiletries. And if I forget anything or don't like my (many) clothing options, I can borrow something of hers!
What do you pack for a long weekend? Anything you would add to or subtract from the list?