I hope you all had a great weekend! My weekend was so good that I didn't want it to end. I could list an abundance of things that are making me happy at the moment, which is a wonderful thing to be able to say. Here is just a short list of what's making me smile this week!
1. Lake Michigan- One of the things I like best about living near Milwaukee (and also something I loved about Madison) is the proximity of the lake(s). I took an alternate route to work last week that goes right by Lake Michigan. Seeing the calm water made me so happy in that moment, as it always has. Taking a mental note to use that route whenever I'm in need of a pick-me-up!
2. Happier Podcast- This podcast was started by one of my favorite authors, Gretchen Rubin. If you are interested in the topics of happiness, habits, or human nature, you will enjoy this show. It is filled with fun tips and anecdotes that help you be happier you! I love listening to it in the morning as I get ready or on my way to work to get inspired for the day.
3. The weather, currently - We've been having a couple of record-setting high temps in the past few days here in Wisconsin. Normally we're dealing with freezing temps, snow, and slush in February, but right now we're enjoying sunny days in the 50's and 60's. This fantastic weather happened to fall over the weekend, so we soaked it in as much as we could with plenty of walks outside!
4. La Croix- I don't have any problem drinking regular water during the day, but once in a while I like to change it up. La Croix is perfect for adding a little sweetness without indulging in a soda or other sugary drink. My current favorite is grapefruit!
5. PUPPY- How can a puppy not make you happy? My parents brought home this little munchkin on Friday night and it was the best surprise to come home to. She won't stay small for long, though, as she is a Great Dane! In the meantime, I'm getting in all the puppy snuggles I can.