Wow, this weekend flew by! I didn't have a lot planned, but somehow it still slipped away from me. Even though I've been feeling like I can't quite stay on top of everything these days, I"m trying to take time to appreciate the little things that are keeping me sane.
1. Fresh highlights- I finally went in for a cut and color on Saturday, and boy was it needed! I hadn't been in since the end of November and my roots were giving me away. Never underestimate the power a good haircut and color can have on your mood. Just like my hair, I'm feeling a little bit brighter!
2. Workout apps- Staying fit is important to me, but it's also something I don't like spending a lot of money on. I've found two *free* apps that are the perfect solution. Nike+ Training Club has a ton of great workouts with a range of different focuses. They'll even put together a workout plan for you based on your fitness goals! The FitStar app syncs up well with my Fitbit. It only has a limited amount of free workouts, but so far I've liked using it. I may have to give the premium version a try!
3. Budgeting- If you would have told me a few years ago that one of my favorite adult things would be budgeting, I probably would have actually believed you because I love numbers and Excel spreadsheets. But besides geeking out over formulas, counting every penny and limiting how much money you spend didn't sound appealing to me. I've discovered, however, that budgeting is NOT those things. I will definitely cover this in a future blog post, but for now just know that budgeting, although hard work, has made my life so much easier in many ways!
3. Pond's Face Cream- My skin tends to get very dry in the winter and I struggled for a long time to find a good face moisturizer. This one thoroughly hydrates my skin without leaving it greasy and the jar lasts forever. (Note my chipped nail polish. Life is not perfect around here!)
5. Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker- My brilliant mother got me this as a birthday gift last year and it quickly became one of my favorite things. I loved making breakfast sandwiches, but it's tough to find the time in the morning. The breakfast sandwich maker allows me to continue getting ready while the egg is cooking. It's made my mornings a lot easier (and more delicious).
What's keeping you sane this week?