Happy Monday! The weekends always go too fast, don't they? Although Monday's can certainly be a drag, I try (and don't always succeed) to view them as a fresh start. My attitude on Monday morning can really set the tone for my whole week. In this Monday series, I'm going to share five little things that are currently making me happy. I hope that for me (and for you!) this can serve as an exercise in gratitude, at the time of the week when I need it most.
1. Weekend trips- Sometimes a couple of days outside of your normal weekend routine can be very rejuvenating. This past weekend I traveled to Madison, where I went to college, to visit some friends. Thoughts of this weekend will have me smiling all week.
2. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain- This is my second time reading this book and I love picking up new tidbits that I missed before. I'm as introverted as they come, and this book is a good reminder that sometimes quiet is okay. I highly recommend it!
3. Sticky notes- I have probably four or five different kinds of sticky notes on my desk at work and I love them. I can't even explain why, but I just do.
4. Fitbit- I received the Fitbit Alta as a Christmas gift from my parents, and have been obsessed ever since. Nothing can make the work day drag on quite like feeling chained to your desk. Making sure I stand up and walk around at least once an hour helps me to stay awake and alert all day.
5. Erasable pens- I recently discovered these pens and love using them in my planner. So many things change last minute in my schedule, it's convenient to be able to erase things without having to use a pencil. (As a warning, this will not be the last time I rave about office supplies. So if that bores you, I sincerely apologize.)
What little things are making YOU happy this week?