How was your weekend? Mine was fairly empty as far as plans go, which was much needed after many nights of rehearsal last week. Despite losing one hour of sleep last night, I'm feeling rested and ready to conquer this week!
1. Travel plans- Lately I've been itching for a tropical vacation. The best I could do for the moment is to plan something to daydream about! I've made plans to visit family in Florida in a couple of months and finally booked the flights this weekend. Just thinking about a day on the beach is making me happy!
2. bareMinerals- My mom got me this starter kit for Christmas two years ago, and I've been addicted ever since. (Have you noticed the theme of my mom giving great gifts? She has a real talent.) Before that, I was using the cheapest drugstore foundation I could find. As a poor high school/college student, could you blame me? However by the end of each day, I would notice that my makeup seemed to have faded away. With bareMinerals, my face makeup stays on all day and still looks fresh when I get home at night. It also works wonders in covering up imperfections and evening out my skin tone.
3. Parks and Recreation- This is definitely one of my top three favorite TV shows. I'm currently in my third time through watching the series, and I have yet to get sick of it. I like to watch an episode at night once in awhile to unwind or binge-watch a couple on the weekends :) A good laugh always takes my mind off of things for a little bit!
4. Midday Lent services- The church I go to provides shortened Lenten services at 12:10 every Wednesday, in addition to the regular night service. Since it is close to my work, I've been able to attend these services over my lunch break. It's a great pick-me-up in the middle of the day and since I often have rehearsals at night, works well with my schedule.
5. Brown Butter Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies- I found this recipe on Pinterest the other day and decided to give it a try this weekend. There's nothing quite like baking on a Sunday with a Frank Sinatra Pandora station playing in the background. They were equally simple and delicious!
I love the practice of writing these posts every Sunday. Examining my every day to find little things I'm grateful for is a great way to kick off the week. What do you do on Sunday to prepare yourself for the days ahead?